There are a lot of ways to celebrate National Adoption Awareness Month (information found here):
- Support Adoption Foundations
Lifetime Adoption Foundation is a non-profit charity that assists the women choosing adoption, both with their physical needs and their futures, through educational scholarships. It also offers grants for families open to adopting hard-to-place children. Donations received go directly to funding both of these programs.
- Write a letter to your local newspaper about the blessing of adoption
For ideas and stories, click here to visit websites about adoption.
- Read an adoption story as a family
Read stories about Lifetime Adoption's most recently adopted babies and children, and updates on previous adoptions.
- Ask your local library to display adoption-related books.
Adoption expert Mardie Caldwell has written several books on adoption including AdoptingOnline.com, Adoption: Your Step-by-Step Guide, So I Was Thinking About Adoption... and The Healthcare Professional's Adoption Guide.
- Learn more about positive adoption language
Using positive adoption language will help end the myth that adoption is second best. By using positive adoption language, you’ll reflect the true nature of adoption, free of stereotypes. Click here to read some examples of positive and negative adoption language.
- For creative ideas on how to celebrate the blessing of adoption and to increase adoption awareness, click here to view our National Adoption Awareness Month calendar.