Saturday, January 31, 2009

Great day!

We just got in from our parenting conference in Concord and it was great!  Well, 3 out of the 5 sessions were great.  The other 2 weren't horrible.  The information was good but the speaker was a bit of a snooze.  So we felt really great about the information that we picked up from this conference.

Today was also a great day because we registered at Babies R Us!  It was so much fun!  Completely overwhelming but still great!  We are making the move to become more eco-friendly so it was important for us (me mostly) to look for organic or otherwise eco-friendly products.  We are also leaning towards doing cloth diapers.  They have come such a long way from when I was a kid!  So I am very excited about learning all of these things!

And the last piece of awesomeness of the day was that we received our wall art to go over the crib!  We were looking for something to go above the crib and I asked a friend of mine if she had any ideas of what we could do as she's very gifted (she's getting her website up and running so soon you'll be able to check it out here!)  So we got our package yesterday and we got it put up today!  It is so amazing!  I almost started crying when we got it all put up and I sat on the bed looking at it.  She is an amazing artist & I can't thank her enough for helping us create the nursery for our baby!

2 comments:

My Endo Journey said...

Oh, i LOVE the wall art!!!

Laura said...

You should totally use cloth diapers. Besides being better for the environment (pampers NEVER decompose, NEVER), they are better for your baby. Cloth diapered babies rarely get diaper rash bc you can feel right away that they are wet so you change them. My cousin Leah swears by them for her baby.

http://www.babybiz.com/index.htm