Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Dear Mia

Dear Mia...

You saw the light of day for the first time last year, and I was there to help welcome you into the world after you'd been in it for a few hours. I remember instantly feeling an overwhelming sense of love for you when I laid eyes on you...I remember you had a FULL HEAD of hair...I remember the little feeding tube you had in your nose...I remember the excitement I felt when I drove to see you during that week...

I know things didn't work out and your mom decided to keep you after all...but I just want you to know wherever you are, that I have not forgotten you. I wonder what you look like now...I wonder where you are...I wonder how big you've gotten and how much you're getting around now...I wonder what life would be like if you were still with us...I wonder...

You've always got a place in my heart...I pray the best for you and your family...I pray that God is placing people in your path on a daily basis that will offer you love and show you that He cares about every aspect of your life...

Wherever you are...

JOHN/JAMEE

No comments: