Monday, October 27, 2008

Tears in Walmart

We finished up our homestudy on Saturday with our home visit.  It went great and she let us know again that she felt like our placement will come alot quicker than others who have been waiting for several months.  We talked about the workshop and I mentioned how we were told to start buying the basics to keep on hand.  I asked her when we needed to start doing this such as after our homestudy has been approved or once our names have been put on the waiting list.  Her response was "If you are going shopping today, I would pick up some diapers and formula!"  We were a little shocked (and excited!) so yesterday when we were in Wal-mart we made a trip to the baby section and stood and stared at all of the choices of diapers and formula!  So we picked some out and put them in our cart and we both froze.  We were actually buying diapers and formula for OUR baby!  So we both got a little weepy eyed and we hugged and took in the moment.  It was a very special moment and probably one I will never forget. 

Jamee

3 comments:

rkn1012 said...

How exciting! I have been reading your blog updates for the last few months. My husband and I are in the process of adopting as well. We sent in our application and are awaiting approval.

Congrats and I hope your baby is home with you soon.
Randi

Erica said...

I'm all teary eyed now...of course, it could be because it's like 5 AM...but that is just too wonderful. I pray that it is super-speedy for you two!

Erica

Sarah and Travis said...

I am so happy for you and your DH!